Jeffrey S. Raynes’ practice is dedicated to the representation of plaintiffs in medical malpractice, catastrophic injury, personal injury, and birth related injury litigation.
After beginning his practice in 1976 in Riverside, California, specializing in medical malpractice litigation, Mr. Raynes opened his first office in 1980. He dedicated his career to the service of his clients, who almost universally agree he is among the hardest working, most dedicated professionals they have encountered. Mr. Raynes has been described by his peers as “the ultimate opponent.”
Mr. Raynes is among the most recognized trial lawyers in the United States. He is one of approximately 500 attorneys currently admitted to the International Academy of Trial Lawyers, and has been designated a “California Super Lawyer” every year since 2006. Mr. Raynes has also been recognized by his peers, having been awarded both, the prestigious California Trial Lawyer of the Year by the American Board of Trial Advocates, and Trial Attorney of the Year by the Consumer Advocates Inland Empire Chapter. With more than thirty-seven years of courtroom experience, Mr. Raynes has successfully achieved some of the largest complex injury verdicts and settlements in the state of California, including fifteen verdicts or arbitration awards in excess of one million dollars. For examples of Mr. Raynes’s previous achievements, click here.
Mr. Raynes has been a presenter, guest speaker and/or faculty member for the National Inns of Court, the American Board of Trial Advocates, the San Bernardino and Riverside County Bar Associations, the Southern California Defense Counsel Association, and the Consumer Attorneys of California. He has repeatedly participated as a Masters in Trial panelist and he has been a faculty member for national and international medical/legal seminars on more than twenty-five occasions in ten states and Canada.
Mr. Raynes was born and raised in San Bernardino. He lives in Redlands with his wife, Jeanne, he is an avid golfer and snow-skier, and enjoys having his mother, three children, and six grandchildren in southern California. Mr. Raynes is proud to have been integrally involved in the design and development of the new synagogue in Redlands. Mr. Raynes attended high school locally, graduating from Pacific High School in San Bernardino in 1969. He received his Bachelor of Arts degree with highest honors from California State University at Fullerton in 1973, and his Juris Doctorate degree from California Western School of Law in San Diego in 1976
Mr. Raynes’s scholastic distinctions include nine years as a law instructor at California Southern School of Law in Riverside, California, and publication in the California Western School of Law International Law Journal.
- Member, Cal-ABOTA Board of Directors
- Fellow, Litigation Counsel of America – 2009
- Fellow, International Academy of Trial Lawyers – 2005
- President, Cal-ABOTA – 2002 (only attorney chosen from the San
- Bernardino/Riverside chapter)
- National Board Member, ABOTA – 2002 to 2012
- President, San Bernardino/Riverside Chapter, ABOTA – 2002
- San Bernardino County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Consumer Attorneys of California
- Joseph B. Campbell Inns of Court
- Litigation Counsel of America
- American Board of Trial Advocates California Trial Lawyer of the Year 2005
- Trial Lawyer of the Year by the Inland Empire chapter of Consumer Attorneys of California 2012
- Fellow of the International Academy of Trial Lawyers ( 2005-present)
- Board Certified in California as a medical malpractice specialist
- Diplomate of American Board of Trial Advocates (1995-present)
- Diplomate of the American Board Professional Liability Attorneys
- President of Cal-ABOTA 2004 (only inland empire attorney so recognized)
- Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America
- President of the San Bernardino/Riverside chapter of the American Board of Trial Advocates 2002
- Recognized by Martindale Hubble with the highest rating “AV” for more than 20 years
- “Super-Lawyer” in medical malpractice, personal injury and health law since 2005
- “Best Lawyer” recognition including most recently in 2016 and 2017 as Inland Empire personal injury Trial Lawyer of the Year; only attorney in inland empire honored by Best Lawyers (voted by peers) in three categories
- Law School Instructor 1980-1989 at Southern California Law School
- National presenter in “Masters in Trial” for American Board of Trial Advocates
- Member of American Bar Association, Joseph B. Campbell Inns of Court and San Bernardino and Riverside County Bar Associations.
For the year 2019, Mr. Raynes is the only lawyer in San Bernardino and Riverside Counties that was selected by Best Lawyers in three distinct areas of practice:
Personal Injury Litigation | Medical Malpractice Law | Health Care Law
Best Lawyers is the oldest and most respected peer-review publication in the legal profession. Recognition in Best Lawyers is widely regarded by both clients and legal professionals as a significant honor, conferred on a lawyer by his or her peers.